Friday, April 29, 2011

Looking back at last week's presentation in Minneapolis



I had a great time in Minneapolis - around 100 managers, stylists, and supervisors were in attendance. It was a chance to share my experience in the industry, my history with other great stylists and talk about how you, as stylists are surrounded by great opportunity. Our present and our future are our individual responsibilities. We can get guidance from others but they can’t do it for us - we have to do it for ourselves.

I'm at the San Francisco airport on my way back to Minneapolis. I just did an event for the Supercuts managers in the San Francisco bay area. This presentation addressed similar topics I brought up in Minneapolis regarding your personal success along with your business success. You must attain a level of personal success if you want to reach a higher level of business success.


One huge “aha” moment for me that has come out of these presentations is that we as stylists do not ask our customers to refer a friend to us. I beseech everyone of you to ask regular clients to refer a friend. You are your own best form of advertising and performance - nothing can equal you. Eye contact and the willingness to ask is what you need. It is as simple as saying “Dylan, I love cutting your hair, you're a great client. If you have any friends you can think of who you could recommend me to, I'd really appreciate it."

Thanks, and good luck.

Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment