Monday, March 14, 2011

Meeting New People

Last week was quite an exceptional week for me; filled with meetings and talking to stylists. It all started with the Gold Circle event in New York. We had over 100 Supercuts stylists who attended and I congratulate them all on winning this trip. During my meeting with them, I talked about personal growth, realizing one's own opportunities, and how to become successful on a personal as well as a professional level. It was a very inspiring event for me, and hope that it was for the Supercuts winners.



The following day, I went to the IBS (International Beauty Show) that was held in NY. What I noticed from each of the presenters is that we really do work in a very diverse industry. There are so many different approaches and techniques available to us. And the main reason to attend an event like this is to think about it in the context of what you do. You'll be enticed by certain things. Learn what others are doing well, and let that influence your own concepts. Always be looking for new opportunities to improve.


Check out the following video from Nick Arrojo’s show at IBS. He displayed very current trends and I love watching him work.




* Video courtesy of Randy Taylor and Hairbrained
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment